Sunday, June 29, 2014

Twisted

Brummbär Video Log Update

A little more work was done this week. The good news is the road wheel axle hubs are tack welded and ready to go.



The bad news is I broke my ring roller. However, the good news is I broke my ring roller. Probably a blessing in disguise. It rolled some terrible rings. It put a twist in the Z axis. I am in the process of making a ring roller from scratch. I hope to have it done before the coming weekend. I also hope that I can flatten out the remaining 6 or 7 seven rings I rolled with the old roller and then run them through the new one and get the twist out. I hate to throw 20' of flatbar in the recycle bin. :(

I did play around with some of the rings I do have on some extra road wheels. Did not go all that well. The twist in the ring caused all manner of issues. I probably will not try tacking any more until the ring issue is resolved.



In the next couple weeks, I hope to have my ring issue resolved and the drive sprockets assembled.

No comments:

Post a Comment